The registration forms for the 2016-17 year are now available for download.
The sun is shining and the temperature is in the 20s! It's hard to believe that we are thinking about curling and squash. But, we are! Registration for the Deep River Curling and Squash Club is only a week away. Our yearly Wine and Cheese Registration night is being held on Friday, September 30 beginning at 6:30 pm at the club. If you have never curled or played squash but might be interested, stop by the club and ask questions. This year the following curling programs will be available.
Little Rock Curling - for children ages 6 - 12 and 13 - 18 - Wednesdays, the younger children use special rocks that weigh half the kilograms of a regular stone. Our emphasis is on learning the game, playing safely and having fun!
- Adult Learn to Curl - 12 week program on Wednesday evenings
- Social Curling - Tuesday and Thursday mornings - pick-up games with no predetermined teams - just show up
- Social Curling - Friday evenings - pick-up games with no predetermined teams - just show up
- Balanced Curling League - Monday evenings - teams will be made in advance by a committee ensuring that all teams have players ranging in skills from beginner to experienced
- Competitive Curling League - Thursday evenings - players form their own teams
We also have 2 squash courts in use at the Curling Club. Members and occasional players may use the courts at any time throughout the day, so you can tailor your times to your work schedule. We hope to have a Squash Clinic to introduce people to the sport and to help players with their technique. If you are interested in a clinic, please let an executive member know.
If you have any questions regarding curling or squash please contact Janice Bunge at 584-2347.